The Queensland Youth eHub is an online space where you can have a say about issues that matter to you.
To ensure that a safe and interactive space is created for everyone in our community, this site is moderated. All comments and ideas submitted will be moderated before they appear publically. All submissions that do not follow these community guidelines or the terms and conditions will not be published. At any time the moderator, at their sole discretion, can remove content that they deem unsatisfactory. Additionally, a profanity filter is built into the software disabling any attempt to use offensive language.
The most effective way to share your opinion is through constructive contributions. Some things you can do to contribute to a safe and interactive community include:
- Get involved; share your knowledge
- Interact with other users; “like” and ”unlike” other contributions, reply and comment on others ideas and posts
- Respect other people; don’t swear, abuse or write mean things
- Keep it friendly; it’s okay to have a different opinion
- Keep secrets; don’t tell others private things about you or people you know online, and do not do not reveal the identity of a child in out of home care
- Give credit; don’t post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- Stay on topic;
- Contact us; let us know if you have a question, want more info or if you need to report a post or person email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some things you should avoid:
- Don’t post anything illegal or inappropriate; racist, sexist, discriminatory, pornographic or violent
- Don’t attack, slander or “troll” another person or encourage other people to do the same
- Never reveal anything personal about yourself or people you know
- Constructive criticism is okay, you can respond to an opinion but don’t be mean and insult or threaten other people
- Don’t post complaints and/or defamatory or libellous comments about any person or related organisation or Department, their employers or representatives
- Don’t post multiple versions of the same thing, don’t promote commercial interests in your posts, and don’t post overtly party political comment
- Don’t post embedded content or links to advertising, illegal or offensive information
All comments and ideas submitted will be moderated before they are made public. All submissions that do not comply with these community guidelines or the terms and conditions will not be published. A moderator has the right to make decisions about community users who breach community guidelines by warning, temporarily suspending or deactivating community user accounts.
If you would like to speak to someone about the Queensland Youth eHub you can email us. If you would like to talk with someone about the topics on the eHub, you can talk to your parents or the people who look after you, a teacher or a trusted friend. If you want someone else to talk to, there is free, confidential support available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800 – www.yourtown.com for email and web chat.
Youth Beyondblue – 1300 224 636 – www.youthbeyondblue.com