Engaging Queenslanders in Science Strategy Survey
The goal of the “Engaging Queenslanders in Science Strategy Survey” promotion is to gather information from young Queenslanders about what they know and think about science.
The personal contact information you provide will only be used for the purposes of this competition and will not be used for any future promotions.
PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter of this survey is the State of Queensland (acting through Office of the Queensland Chief Scientist) Level 31, 400 George Street, Brisbane, 4000.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. By regis, the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and the decisions of the judges.
- General Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this promotion, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- Entry is only open to Queensland residents aged from 13, up to and including 25 years old, Entrants under the age of 18 must receive the permission of their parent or guardian to enter.
- Employees of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Promotion commences on Thursday 3 June 2021 and closes at midnight on Thursday 17 June 2021 (“Promotional Period”).
- All valid entries received by midnight on Thursday 17 June 2021 will be entered into the prize draw. One entry per person is permitted.
- Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter’s web page and not at the time of transmission.
- To enter the promotion, individuals must complete all of the following steps. If any of the steps are not completed, the individual will not be considered.
i. Complete an eHub full registration
ii.Complete and submit the survey
- All entries must meet the requirements outlined in the eHub Community Guidelines page, available at https://e-hub.engagementhub.com.au/moderation
- Four (4) entries will be chosen to receive a gift voucher from your choice of either Kathmandu, Rebel Sport, Dymocks or JB HiFi.
- The selection of winners will take place on 25 June 2021 at 10:00am at Office of the Chief Scientist, Level 31, 400 George Street, Brisbane, 4000.
- The winners will be notified via email no later than 5pm on Friday 2 July 2021. To claim the prize, the winner must respond to the message with their first name, last name, email address, and telephone number by 5pm on Friday 9 July 2021. If no response is received, this will result in forfeiture of the prize. In the event of any forfeited prize, the Promoter will select another winning entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time:
i. (subject to State Regulations) to vary these Terms, or suspend, terminate, cancel or extend this promotion at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.
ii. to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
iii.to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for misleading or incorrect information provided by third parties.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, disqualify any entrant, or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion.
- The Entrant releases to the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including but not limited to, its employees, agents, officers and contractors), from all actions, claims, proceedings or demands and in respect of any loss, death, injury, illness or damage (whether special, direct, indirect or consequential, including consequential financial loss) arising out of or in connection with this competition, including the entrant’s participation in this competition.
- Any costs associated with accessing social media sites and mobile applications is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries including whether caused by problems with:
i. communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise.
ii. any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; or
iii.any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the competition.
- Intellectual Property rights in an entry will remain the property of the Entrant (or where the work is owned by a third party, that third party), but the Entrant grants (or will procure for the Promoter from a third party) a non-exclusive, royalty free, world-wide licence, including right to sub-licence, in such intellectual property, for any purpose of the Promoter.
- Entrants agree that the Promoter may use their name for promotional purposes and agree to their name being shared on social media and published in one or more of the Promoter’s guides. By entering this competition all entrants:
i. agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against the Promoter, its assignees, licensees and successors in title; and
ii.warrant to the Promoter that their entry is not in breach of any third-party intellectual property rights.
- Personal information collected by the Promoter, will be handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
- The Promoter is collecting your personal information in relation to your entry into and participation in this Competition. The type of personal information the Promoter may collect includes the entrant’s name, email address, phone number and any other personal information expressly stated to be collected in these Terms.
- As a condition of entry, the entrant agrees to the entrant’s personal information being collected, used, published and disclosed for:
i. the administration and promotion of the Competition and its associated activities (including to notify the prize winner and to publish the winner’s name on social media and in the Promotor’s promotional material including the Promoter’s e-newsletter); and
ii. as authorised or required by law.
- The Promotor may provide de-identified and aggregate data regarding the survey results to third parties such as Competition sponsors, prize organisers and external members of the Competition’s judging panel.
- You acknowledge that the Promoter is subject to the terms and conditions of the social media providers which may allow unrestricted use and modification, including use and storage of information outside Australia. The Promoter gives no warranties that it can control how your information is subsequently used, stored or modified by third parties. The Promoter is not responsible for the content, security and privacy practices of these websites. The Promoter’s general privacy statement can be found at: https://www.des.qld.gov.au/help/legal/privacy.